Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baby Mobile... Of Sorts

You may remember my baby girl 

Isn't she the cutest?! 

So, being poor (yes, it's a common theme right now) we didn't really have money for toys for our cute girl, so one day my husband comes to me and says "You should just whip together a mobile with some fabric toys from the scraps you have so she has something she can look at."
Well, okay... 
So, with that as background understanding, here is what I came up with:
Not the best, cutest, or most easy to deal with mobile ever, but it keeps her happy. 
So here's what I have to work with:
 My fabric

 My ribbon


Raffia
 And a sewing machine. 
As you can see, I just stuffed raffia in the middle to give them dimension.
And sewed them up... 

All around the machine... I am a dork!
All sewn up

For the final part, I just wrapped the end ribbon pieces around a cane my husband used for our wedding. Not too bad for an on-the-spot project!

Time: less than an hour
Cost: free!

No comments:

Post a Comment