Wednesday, October 12, 2011

50's Summer Dress

In 2009, I decided I wanted to be a 50's chick for Halloween. So, I found this super quick pattern, and some fabric hiding in a closet and sewed together a dress in three days! True story! It did drive be nuts at a few points within those three days, but I finished it! 
This is the only picture I have of the whole dress, and it doesn't show the bottom well, but it gives you a good idea. So the dress is just one piece. You put the dress over your head, then bring the front around and button it in back, and bring the back around and button it in front, so it looks like a vest. In the picture, the bottom part with the blue edging actually comes down to my knees to make a full skirt. Also hiding in the closet was ribbon made from the same material as the dress, so the headband and the dress match perfectly!

Total cost: All I bought was the blue edging and 6 buttons, so the cost was less than $10, I believe
Total time: I know for a fact I start Monday and finished Wednesday, but the hours I'm unsure of. probably around 20 hours. I know my mom and all her sewing friends were impressed with how quickly my first major sewing project went.

No comments:

Post a Comment