Friday, September 13, 2013

Custom Candle

Remember my Father's Day idea with the frame?
Well, here's my super easy MOTHERS day idea!! 
The best part is it looks way impressive!

Materials needed: 
Tissue paper
Wax paper
Printer
Blow dryer 
Candle

So, here's what you do; find a super cute picture and carefully print it out on tissue paper. I tape my tissue paper to regular printing paper to keep it from crinkling. Then cut it out and, with the picture facing out, wrap it around the candle using wax paper. Then blow dry the picture so the wax from the wax paper melts on top of the picture and connects to the candle wax. (I wear an oven mitt while I blow dry so I don't melt my fingers too ;) ) Then, carefully peal the wax paper away and ta-da! Super cute, super quick Mother's Day present! Enjoy! 

Oh, I have yet to burn a candle I've done this to, so I don't know what would happen. 

Cost: I only had to pay for the candle. I think it was $3.50
Time: about 15 minutes. Easy Peasy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment